Toward the end of January, Gartmore, with an enviable record in hedge fund launches (both single strategy and fund-of-fund products) sitting unusually peacefully alongside a long-only business, got done.
And whodunit? None other than the venerable Financial Times. Gartmore must have rued the day it had agreed to allow its Business Life reporter, Sathnam Sanghera, to shadow its hedge fund managers, Gervaise Williams and Rob Giles.
If you missed the article, Sanghera made eight points (read
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines