Chairing a London-based conference on structuring hedge fund products for the UK retail market this month, raised a number of issues that are limiting the potential growth of the hedge fund industry in the retail sector in this country. The first cry was 'education, education, education' with audience and panel members united in the belief that lack of information on the hedge fund sector was holding back its development in the UK.
The second issue was the lack of a suitable fund type. It became
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines
- Sefs, Libor fallbacks and risk governance in Asia
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden