As the number of hedge funds and fund of funds launched remains stable, competition for asset gathering in difficult markets is increasingly ferocious.
This has caused dramatic growth in the quest for talented salespeople for alternative products ' a trend visible in single manager, fund of funds and even prime brokerages.
Managers can take various routes to raise assets, the key ones being capital introduction or third party or in-house marketers. In these markets managers are looking more to
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more