Demand for medical treatments and drugs is constant no matter what happens in financial markets. That makes the healthcare sector fairly resilient to the turmoil of recent years. Investors looking for a way to access this sector may want to take a second look at Sphera Funds Management. Unusually for a hedge fund, Sphera is based in Israel, a country it believes is a prime location for a healthcare-focused strategy.
Sphera was founded in 2004 by Doron Breen and Israel Mor. Both were previously
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules