What do you see as the key challenges currently facing prime brokers?
The key challenges facing prime brokers currently include the move towards more esoteric and illiquid assets, leading to complexity around valuation, risk management, custody and settlement.
There is also a greater desire to trade over the counter (OTC) derivative products by hedge funds, which leads to a knowledge/service skill gap in servicing these products. Additionally there is a desire for secured financing and
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more