Several issues look likely to impact the accounting and auditing profession in Cayman. The biggest worry, according to Noel Reilly at PricewaterhouseCoopers, is the European Union’s alternative investment fund managers (AIFM) directive and the impact it could have on offshore fund products.
The rules as they now stand have the potential to restrict the distribution of offshore products within the EU. This is a particular problem for US hedge fund managers, particularly if they are unable to
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief