Global Asset Management (GAM) has announced the appointment of James Abate as Portfolio Manager. Abate, who will be based in New York, will manage large cap equity portfolios specialising in North American stocks employing both long and short strategies.
With the arrival of Abate, GAM will be launching an offshore long/short equity hedge fund.
Abate formerly worked for Credit Suisse Asset Management where he ran the Credit Suisse Transatlantic Fund.
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?