Gartmore is planning a fund of hedge funds launch within six months to feed increasing demand for its products.
Glyn Jones, chief executive at the group, said Gartmore has the capacity to manage fund manager selection and demonstrate the fund's independence.
He added it will not invest in Gartmore's own range of hedge portfolios, including Roger Guy's single manager.
Gartmore is looking at long-short strategies in the hedge funds area, as well as relative value strategies, such as convertible
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines