James Fiore, primary manager of the Life Science Group Partners sector hedge fund, says the biotech and pharmaceutical-focused fund is presently 'predominantly in biotechnology' as the industry has had 'its worst bear market ever and is over 45% down for the year.'
Fiore says: 'Biotech is dominated in the US by individual investors and they're very skittish at the moment, so finding value in the sector is like shooting fish in a barrel.' He adds that a lot of biotechs are trading at levels below
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Cross-currency swaps could hasten RFR shift in Australia
- Podcast: Kenyon and Berrahoui on the pitfalls of PFE
- EU parliament OKs no-action powers but leaked doc signals delay