Martin Currie is looking to launch up to three hedge funds during the course of 2002.
They will all be part of the group's offshore Martin Currie Absolute Returns hedge fund umbrella.
The first hedge fund, Asia ex-Japan, is planned for launch within the next four months, followed by portfolios invested in China and Europe.
The plan comes as a result of demand from clients and the market for an Asia and possibly China product, according to Allan MacLeod, director of hedge fund sales.
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules