London-based CrossBorder Capital is to launch an incubator fund of hedge funds. Called the Solar Fund, the fund aims to achieve capital appreciation by placing money with dynamic young hedge funds where there is greater potential for a high alpha.
The advisory team consists of Diarmaid Kelly, who was founding director of Baring (Far East) Securities, Malcolm Roberts and David Straker-Smith.
Hedge funds often have their best performance in their earlier years in terms of both return and risk.
- Regulators to scrutinise CCP default auctions
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- VAR surges, revenues tank at French banks hurt by volatility
- A rush on Libor fallbacks to head off holdouts
- Swaps data: SOFR volume and margin insights