Funds of funds are different beasts to single hedge funds and those establishing them should not ignore the tax and regulatory issues peculiar to them when setting them up ' for the considerations regarding funds of hedge funds can be different to those revolving around single manager and single strategy funds.
First, there is no prime broker at the fund of funds level because all active investment management in underlying securities, derivatives and so forth takes place at the underlying fund
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines