Following on from all the bad news of the last six months of 2000, telecoms companies did not have the most auspicious of starts to 2001 as the major national operators across Europe queued up to borrow money in the capital markets. However, many funds are starting to overweight their exposure to the sector on both national and global levels.
One of the attractions of global telecom companies is the fact that the sector has been transformed into a high-beta sector. This means a position in
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?
- Teach history to avoid mistakes of yesterday’s quants