Dawnay Day Quantum (DDQ) expects says the overall view of the world economy remains similar to a year ago, although it expects global growth to slow during 2007, driven by slower growth in the US.
Global growth will remain positive, it predicts. Expected US growth will slow from its current-year rate of 3.2% to forecast growth of 2.25% in 2007. Europe will continue its stable, low pace of growth, with rates still trending upwards at a moderate rate.
In the emerging markets, strong growth will
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?
- Teach history to avoid mistakes of yesterday’s quants