The British Virgin Islands (BVI) was home to some of the largest Madoff feeder funds, including those run by Fairfield Greenwich, Kingate and Mount Capital. Between them these entities are believed to have had over $10 billion invested in Bernard L Madoff Investment Securities (BLMIS) when it was exposed as a Ponzi scheme.
The liquidators hope to recover funds from three main sources. Claims have been made against the Madoff estate and proceedings have also been initiated against investors who
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?