Japan is set to be one of the hedge fund industry's big themes, according to many practitioners, as individual companies restructure and Chinese demand grows..
There have been many 'false dawns' of recovery in Japan across as many bear market years, but this time recovery is likely to be sustained, believes Omar Kodmani, senior executive officer at Permal Investments.
Japan is an attractive market for hedge funds compared to Europe and the US simply because it is less crowded, he says. There
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?