Fund of hedge fund managers are planning increasing asset allocations to Asian emerging markets and Eastern Europe from a low base, according to the latest monthly survey of fund of hedge fund managers by Hedge Funds Review.
UK and US long/short are also seen as increasingly popular strategies, as are specialist managers in healthcare, technology and finance.
Managed futures/CTAs have seen a dramatic improvement in popularity, according to the survey, and distressed debt continues to lose out
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance