A modern legal framework and EU membership are making Gibraltar an attractive domicile for hedge funds. If a fund promoter wants to bring a hedge fund, which is domiciled, for example, in the Caribbean, into a tax-advantaged country of the EU, then the Gibraltarian Experienced Investor Fund provides an interesting opportunity.
Gibraltar has laws allowing the redomiciliation into Gibraltar of companies originally domiciled in EEA states, Anguilla, Bermuda, British Antarctic Territory, British
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules