For most pension funds, investing in hedge funds comes at the end of a long journey, from detractor of the asset class, to skeptic to interested, to investor.
When Edgar Sullivan and his team at General Motors Asset Management began studying hedge funds around six years ago, he admits to being sceptical, but not totally dismissive, of absolute-return funds.
While not a complete convert to all that is absolute return, it is refreshing to hear his upbeat analysis of the 7% of GMAM's $100bn in
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines