Equity fund managers have traditionally sought the mid-cap sweet spot of markets as under-researched, more likely to be mis-valued and hence ripe with profitable opportunities.
However, some UK long/short hedge fund managers are tempering their enthusiasm and allocations to this middle ground on concerns about liquidity and some crowding in the market stratum by hedge and other managers.
David Yarrow, principal fund manager at Clareville Capital Partners LP, is one such manager in London. He
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?