Following the completion of Royal Bank of Canada's acquisition of troubled bank Dexia's half of RBC Dexia, José Placido, chief executive of the now-renamed RBC Investor Services, sees most growth opportunities within the asset management and sovereign wealth communities.
In Asia, RBC Investor Services already offers services domestically and cross-border in Singapore, Hong Kong and Dubai, with Placido identifying China as an opportunity. Given the nature of the acquisition, the emphasis is more
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines
- Sefs, Libor fallbacks and risk governance in Asia
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden