Hedge fund manager Stephen Diggle is to launch an Asian long volatility fund under his new investment vehicle, Vulpes Investment Management, despite this strategy leading to the closure of his previous fund, Artradis, after incurring losses of $700 million in 2010. According to data from Eurekahedge, 107 hedge funds in Asia closed in 2009 and 100 more followed in 2010.
Diggle will also open his own family office. "It will be one of the largest family offices in Asia running products for other
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules