The chief risk officer at one of the world’s largest hedge funds is competing with Google for technologists. And the applicants are asking to keep their open-source allegiance.
Man Group’s Darrel Yawitch said new hires are looking for assurances from the hedge fund that they will be permitted to contribute to the open-source coding communities that have underpinned some of the biggest advances in technology’s brief history, from the World Wide Web to the Android operating system.
So the firm
- Bank risk manager of the year: UBS
- People moves: Asia hires at Credit Suisse, new UBS data role, NatWest takes UBS's Duclos, and more
- Asia moves: BlackRock picks new Asia head, Credit Suisse boosts regional solutions, and more
- We need a different approach to supervisory stress-testing
- Risk solutions house of the year: HSBC