Professional risk managers are a curious combination of artist, scientist and practitioner, simultaneously employing intuition, complex mathematical analysis and hard-earned experience.
It's no wonder, then, risk management is awash in many creative and innovative approaches to both measuring and managing different types of risk. The type of person attracted to the field relishes creative technical expression. But the same dynamic that calls for a growing spectrum of risk measures hampers its
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?