Operational risk-weighted assets across the ‘Big Four’ Australian banks rose A$9.6 billion ($7.1 billion) in the fourth quarter of the year.
Westpac posted the largest increase – at 26.8% – with op RWAs jumping to A$39 billion from A$31 billion in the third quarter. Commonwealth Bank of Australia (CBA) saw its op risk edge up 2.4%, from A$56 billion to A$58 billion.
National Australia Bank’s (NAB) and ANZ Bank’s op RWAs were relatively stable on the quarter, at A$37.5 billion and A$37.6
- Bank risk manager of the year: UBS
- Asia moves: BlackRock picks new Asia head, Credit Suisse boosts regional solutions, and more
- We need a different approach to supervisory stress-testing
- People moves: Asia hires at Credit Suisse, new UBS data role, NatWest takes UBS's Duclos, and more
- Risk solutions house of the year: HSBC