The Options Clearing Corporation (OCC), the world’s largest equity derivatives clearing house, reported 38 margin breaches with an average size of $61.4 million in the first quarter of this year. It is the largest average size since public disclosures began in the third quarter of 2015.
The second-largest average size of margin breaches was reported in the third quarter of 2016. Back then, across 34 margin breaches the average size was $9.4 million.
The single-largest breach in the three
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?
- Teach history to avoid mistakes of yesterday’s quants