LCH SwapClear added a net 2,173 client accounts in 2017 – a 12.7% increase.
SwapClear dominates the over-the-counter cleared interest rate swaps space, with a more than 90% share of the market in USD, GBP, EUR and CAD swaps. It has grown its client roster by 69%, from 11,402 to 19,265, since Q3 2015 – the first quarter for which this data is available.
The amount of client initial margin hoovered up by the clearing house has increased in step with account growth, by 567% since Q3 2015, from
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?
- Teach history to avoid mistakes of yesterday’s quants