What skills are important when heading into potent-ially illiquid markets?
In an illiquid market trading is at best difficult and at worst impossible. Different hedging strategies and suitable pricing adjustments are needed to stay ahead.
Recent market volatility has been fuelled by panic, forced selling and less than perfect strategies. More distressed companies and instruments can depress market prices further. There is also the problem of contagion. Failure can begat failure. Small shocks can r
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence