While 'risk management' at financial institutions has become dinner table conversation globally over the past 18 months, 'stress-testing' has been elevated to the lofty heights of US talk radio, dozens of popular blogs and other unusual media venues, thanks to the evaluation regulators released in mid-May on 19 of the largest US banks.
This unprecedented attention to what was previously considered risk management arcana has sparked a global debate on governance issues around stress testing.
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules