Start-ups are widely reckoned to have a one in 10 chance of survival. For start-ups in the field of risk management, the odds are probably a little worse: the field has all the withering mortality of the ordinary start-up, plus the special hell of being small, agile and captive to the sluggish metabolism of a big bank.
For now, it’s not stopping them. Hoping for a big payoff, this group of disrupters is looking to upend risk management with their products, addressing things from transaction
- Regulators to scrutinise CCP default auctions
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- VAR surges, revenues tank at French banks hurt by volatility
- Swaps data: SOFR volume and margin insights
- A rush on Libor fallbacks to head off holdouts