Outsourcing experts at banks say implementation of stricter regulatory standards on vendors would not affect how they manage their third-party relationships.
As largely unregulated start-ups enter the financial industry in growing numbers – in response to increased demand from banks for their services – regulators have begun to question whether vendors should fall under similar standards as the institutional clients they serve.
But greater regulation of third-party providers won’t reduce the
- Asia moves: BlackRock picks new Asia head, Credit Suisse boosts regional solutions, and more
- We need a different approach to supervisory stress-testing
- Bank risk manager of the year: UBS
- People moves: Asia hires at Credit Suisse, new UBS data role, NatWest takes UBS's Duclos, and more
- Risk solutions house of the year: HSBC