Restrictions on data sharing in the USA Patriot Act and at the Financial Services Information Sharing and Analysis Center are hindering efforts to combat cyber attacks, the leader of a cyber crimes unit at Wells Fargo has said.
FS-ISAC is an industry-run initiative that allows financial firms to anonymously exchange information on cyber threats. Banks can also share data about money laundering and terrorist activities under Section 314(b) of the Patriot Act, which provides a safe harbour from
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?
- Teach history to avoid mistakes of yesterday’s quants