Talent risk enters the top 10 for the first time this year – an unwelcome sign of the finance industry’s struggle to attract, train and retain the best and brightest amid competition from other sectors such as technology.
And it’s not just front-office jobs: banks have repeatedly warned in the last 18 months that they are struggling to attract and retain sufficiently experienced risk managers across functions as diverse as regulatory reporting and model validation.
This is having real-world
- Bank risk manager of the year: UBS
- People moves: Asia hires at Credit Suisse, new UBS data role, NatWest takes UBS's Duclos, and more
- Risk solutions house of the year: HSBC
- Buy-side quant of the year: Gordon Ritter
- Asia moves: BlackRock picks new Asia head, Credit Suisse boosts regional solutions, and more