Outsourcing remains a top operational risk for practitioners this year – unsurprising, given banks’ growing reliance on vast networks of vendors for everything from online platform management to extra grid capacity.
Op risk managers are divided, however, on where outsourcing risk sits within their policy frameworks. Many say they still treat as a discrete risk in its own right – but a few say they are starting to see it through the lens of the two principal categories of risk it opens them up
- Bank risk manager of the year: UBS
- People moves: Asia hires at Credit Suisse, new UBS data role, NatWest takes UBS's Duclos, and more
- Asia moves: BlackRock picks new Asia head, Credit Suisse boosts regional solutions, and more
- We need a different approach to supervisory stress-testing
- Risk solutions house of the year: HSBC