Capitalab has muscled into the competitive market for derivatives compression at LCH after gaining approval to provide services to SwapClear members in late December – the second new provider to join in the space of three months – setting up a three-way tussle between vendors looking to crush swaps notionals at the world’s largest clearing house.
The vendor, a unit of broker BGC, is poised to conduct its first compression run through SwapClear later this month. The firm already offers
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?
- Teach history to avoid mistakes of yesterday’s quants