Large European banks are on course for a steep capital rise under new operational risk capital rules from the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision, according to an industry study published on May 24.
The Operational Riskdata eXchange Association (ORX) analysed data submitted by 54 institutions, including 16 systemically important banks, to estimate the capital impact of the committee's proposed standardised measurement approach (SMA) to op risk. The UK-based loss data consortium found that 75
- Bank risk manager of the year: UBS
- People moves: Asia hires at Credit Suisse, new UBS data role, NatWest takes UBS's Duclos, and more
- Asia moves: BlackRock picks new Asia head, Credit Suisse boosts regional solutions, and more
- We need a different approach to supervisory stress-testing
- Risk solutions house of the year: HSBC