The fallout from the financial crisis has seen a fundamental shift in the attitude of energy companies to their balance sheets. Investment and expansion has given way to capital constraints, asset divestment and a refocusing on core business as the harsh realities of an ongoing balance sheet recession have set in.
This environment is also driving a renewed focus on the approach that energy companies take to defining and allocating the capital required to support their risk exposures. Concern
- Bank risk manager of the year: UBS
- People moves: Asia hires at Credit Suisse, new UBS data role, NatWest takes UBS's Duclos, and more
- Asia moves: BlackRock picks new Asia head, Credit Suisse boosts regional solutions, and more
- We need a different approach to supervisory stress-testing
- Risk solutions house of the year: HSBC