US banks are still unsure how to comply with the proprietary trading prohibitions under the Volcker rule, as the deadline to begin collecting metrics to assess compliance at the largest US financial institutions passed on July 1 with no new guidance from regulators.
Under the final text of the Volcker rule, published by US regulators in December 2013, US banks with trading assets and liabilities of more than $50 billion are required to start collecting seven metrics for each trading desk, such a
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data