Both newly confirmed commissioners at the US Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) have promised to finalise position limits for commodity exposures – but even with the agency almost at full strength for the first time since 2014, the rule will take at least a year to complete, say regulatory advisers.
The Senate confirmed commissioners Democrat Russ Behnam and Republican Brian Quintenz on August 3. During their confirmation hearing on July 27, both men committed to completing the rule,
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Quant Finance Master’s Guide 2019
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?