European financial regulators have called on European Union authorities to look again at the laws covering digital assets, suggesting they may need to be extended to cover initial coin offerings and other cryptocurrency based products.
Some digital assets may qualify as transferable securities or other types of financial instrument under the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (Mifid), according to the European Securities and Markets Authority in an advice paper on initial coin offerings
- Asia moves: Natixis sales head moves to Barclays, new banking head for StanChart Singapore, and more
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- Banks use machine learning to ‘augment’ corporate sales
- Buy-siders eye ways to get ahead of US resolution stay rules
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden