Clearing house operators have told the Commodity Futures Trading Commission they need more government intervention on how to allocate losses not caused by the default of a clearing member.
“We need further regulatory guidance on the matter, and not only because it relates to how recovery and resolution is handled in general. [It] is an area that is controversial and not one we can ourselves tackle,” said Teo Floor, systemic risk policy adviser to German clearing house Eurex.
He said that once
- Bank risk manager of the year: UBS
- Asia moves: BlackRock picks new Asia head, Credit Suisse boosts regional solutions, and more
- We need a different approach to supervisory stress-testing
- People moves: Asia hires at Credit Suisse, new UBS data role, NatWest takes UBS's Duclos, and more
- Risk solutions house of the year: HSBC