Divorce doesn’t usually come cheap. Besides immediate legal fees, the former cohabitants face higher long-term costs of running two separate households.
Likewise, banks are bracing for a possible increase in overall capital costs as they ready a post-Brexit break-up of their London hubs into UK and EU arms. Whether that will happen for a specific bank depends mainly on the kind of businesses it has in each of the two locations and on what stance European Union supervisors will take on its
- Bank risk manager of the year: UBS
- Asia moves: BlackRock picks new Asia head, Credit Suisse boosts regional solutions, and more
- We need a different approach to supervisory stress-testing
- People moves: Asia hires at Credit Suisse, new UBS data role, NatWest takes UBS's Duclos, and more
- Risk solutions house of the year: HSBC