Implementing Europe’s Mifid II has not exactly been a walk in the park. But Brexit will make it harder still, as some of the wide-ranging trading rules look set to break into a UK and a European Union version.
Financial firms fret this will happen to pre- and post-trade transparency requirements contained in Mifid II’s companion regulation, Mifir. The consequences could reach every corner of the industry: trading venues, market-makers and investment firms would have to follow two different sets
- Bank risk manager of the year: UBS
- Asia moves: BlackRock picks new Asia head, Credit Suisse boosts regional solutions, and more
- We need a different approach to supervisory stress-testing
- People moves: Asia hires at Credit Suisse, new UBS data role, NatWest takes UBS's Duclos, and more
- Risk solutions house of the year: HSBC