Read all our coverage from the Isda AGM here
Capital rules for bank trading books are at risk of becoming too complex, says William Coen, secretary general of the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision, and regulators may need to consider simpler approaches.
The committee aims to agree on an amended framework this year, after the industry’s compliance deadline was pushed back three years to 2022.
“In doing so, an important consideration for the committee is whether the framework adequately
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines