New European market rules have triggered a surge in trading volumes of exchange-traded funds on platforms, but ETF market-makers believe this sudden dominance will be short-lived.
Two dealers who spoke to Risk.net say venues allowing firms to request quotes from multiple dealers, known as request-for-quote platforms, have all witnessed a “dramatic” increase in volumes.
“You can compare against the figures on the RFQ systems of the previous year and there you actually see overall that the use
- People moves: SocGen adds in prime services, Deutsche fills new rates hole, HSBC makes model move, and more
- Credit risk quants are hitting the tech gap
- Princeton tops inaugural Risk.net quant master’s ranking
- Does credit risk need an expected shortfall-style revamp?
- Teach history to avoid mistakes of yesterday’s quants