New European market rules have triggered a surge in trading volumes of exchange-traded funds on platforms, but ETF market-makers believe this sudden dominance will be short-lived.
Two dealers who spoke to Risk.net say venues allowing firms to request quotes from multiple dealers, known as request-for-quote platforms, have all witnessed a “dramatic” increase in volumes.
“You can compare against the figures on the RFQ systems of the previous year and there you actually see overall that the use
- Libor leaders: ABP crafts blueprint for corporate Libor switch
- Libor leaders: how seven firms are tackling the transition
- Libor replacement: a modelling framework for in-arrears term rates
- Swaps data: a new era of competition in interest rate futures
- From memos to texts, algos fish for signals in-house