It isn’t often that a speech from financial regulators elicits whoops of joy from the banking sector. But when a UK regulator recently called for external solutions to help more banks implement internal credit risk modelling, it inspired audible sighs of relief and expressions of delight from a group of people who have quietly been working on exactly that – some over the past months; others for more than a decade.
Banks were never explicitly disallowed from using external data to build internal
- Bank risk manager of the year: UBS
- People moves: Asia hires at Credit Suisse, new UBS data role, NatWest takes UBS's Duclos, and more
- Asia moves: BlackRock picks new Asia head, Credit Suisse boosts regional solutions, and more
- We need a different approach to supervisory stress-testing
- Risk solutions house of the year: HSBC