The French securities regulator, Autorité des Marchés Financiers (AMF), has published a position paper that would require the biggest clearers of euro-denominated products to be located in the European Union – the first detailed policy recommendations on the topic following months of political jousting, triggered by the UK’s vote to quit the EU. The regulator also casts the net wider, catching derivatives trade repositories for the first time.
As much as 75% of all euro interest rate
- Fund-linked structured products face extinction under FRTB
- Lack of buy-side repo backstop a concern – Citi repo head
- China Minsheng and SocGen team up for quant index product
- People moves: Barclays’ investment bank chief exits, Citi president to retire, Vos promoted at BNY Mellon, and more
- Banks rethink fund-linked trades ahead of FRTB