Banks are racing to make enhancements to the standard initial margin model (Simm) for non-cleared derivatives required in the first quarter of 2017, according to experts, and some products may be temporarily subject to the more punitive margin schedule devised by the Basel Committee and the International Organisation of Securities Commissions (Iosco).
US regulators provided a blanket approval for the use of the Simm just in time to meet the September start date for non-cleared margin rules, but
- Brexit novations ‘on hold’ to gain reg relief
- Banks hope final FRTB rules will ease NMRF burden
- Functional programming reaches for stardom in finance
- People moves: Bank of America names new Apac chiefs, Wilkinson leaves LGIM, Lloyds loses Coutte, and more
- Mifid data publishers drag feet on Esma guidelines