The US subsidiary of Paris-based multinational energy firm GDF Suez has been under investigation by the US Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) in recent months over its trading activity in the Texas power market, according to people familiar with the situation.
The probe has been under way since at least late 2013, led by attorneys from the CFTC's Chicago office, say the sources, who spoke to Energy Risk under condition of anonymity.
As part of the inquiry, the CFTC has been conducting d
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Industry hails potential US relaxation of margin timing rules