More than a year after the conviction of UBS rogue trader Kweku Adoboli, the UK Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has banned his fellow trader, John Hughes, from the financial industry for his involvement with Adoboli's fraud. Hughes has been banned "from performing any function in relation to any regulated activity in the financial services industry" in the UK.
Adoboli was convicted in November 2012 on two charges of fraud by abuse of position and sentenced to seven years' imprisonment, after h
The week on Risk.net, October 6-12, 2017Receive this by email
- SGX, HKEX expect to be among first wave of Mifid II equivalence
- Leaked EU doc could shield legacy swaps from clearing grab
- Quantile, TriOptima face off in cleared swaps compression battle
- ABS set for revival under US Treasury’s liquidity buffer plans
- Quants stymied by lack of alternative risk premia flows data